Program: Communications of Creative Media
|Communication, Research, and IT||Microsoft Word||- Communicate effectively in speech and writing.
- Display an understanding of the principles of academic writing.
|Creative Design||None||- Getting to the essence of the message in designing.
- Communicates a clear visual messages in a professionally presented way, visually.
|Creative Collaboration Development||Various||- Collate practical workshop skills.
- Act effectively in peer relationships and work as a team member.
|35mm Photography||None||- Print from black and white film.
- Use an SLR and digital camera.
|Introduction to Digital Audio/Visual Techiniques||- Adobe Premiere Pro
- AVID NEXIS
|- Understand and utilise the basic principles of shot composition, lighting and sequence shooting.
- Utilise a digital non-linear editing system to edit video and audio effectively.
|Media and Communication Studies||None||- Learn to engage with and question the ways in which media content is constructed.
- Discuss the influence of the media in the production of contemporary culture.
|Introduction to Web Authoring||Atom||- Create a set of basic, hyperlinked webpages using HTML.
- Create a CSS style sheet and apply this to their own original HTML page.
|Visual Literacy||Photoshop CS6||- Demonstrate a reflective design development process.
- Use an industry standard digital editing package to a basic level.
|Writing for Creative Media||Celtx||- Demonstrate knowledge of the rudiments and techniques of writing for Film and New Media.
- Recognise and understand the 12 Stages of The Hero's Journey (Joseph Campbell).